Thursday 22 December 2011

Josh's apprentice update month 12!

Already it has been twelve months since I started my Apprenticeship with Think Property. I find it strange to think I have been here for over a year already as so much has been crammed into my personal life as well as my life here at work.

From Ironman UK in Bolton to passing exams in Colchester it's been a hectic one to say the least. But it's one I'm sure to remember and build on leading into 2012. The start of the year saw my first year as a Letting Agent mapped out. I had 8 exams to pass (4 for The Sale of Residential Property + 4 for Lettings and Property Management) and an NVQ to complete, all worth a couple of A-levels which are always very handy to chuck on the CV. To make things a bit more complicated I had, at times, 20 hours per week of training to squeeze in for my maiden Ironman Triathlon in July. Needless to say my social life took a back seat for the best part of Jan-Aug 2011.

Think Property proudly first opened it's doors in August, and in February 2011 we were already nominated for a nationally recognised award! It was the 'Estate and Letting Agents Awards 2011'(The Esta's) hosted by Channel 4's Phil Spencer and we were in a shortlist of 10 up for 'Letting Agent of the Year' for the South East of England. Now, what makes these awards so special, is that it is down to our clients to vote for us if they choose to. They would fill out a feedback form from the esta's and mark us based on the service they received. So you can imagine our delight when in April, at a ceremony at Mayfair's Hilton Hotel, We were voted the 2nd best Letting Agent in the South East, and then to top it off, the 6TH best in the WHOLE of the UK - wow!! So, 2011 was already big year for us at Think!


Summer, apparently, came and went, and in July I took part in the UK Ironman Triathlon in Bolton. This was without doubt the most amazing (not to mention most painfull) experience I have ever had! Something I only hope to better by doing it again and again, but getting faster everytime. The World Championships are in Hawaii each year so may as well aim high eh?!

Back to work, and into the later part of this year. I've made great progress in my apprenticeship and I have passed all of my Sales exams which now makes me a fully qualified estate agent. I took my last exam on Wednesday this week and got my highest mark of 88% - my average is between 75-80% so I'm chuffed! I only have 2 more to pass for lettings which I'll take in January. I'm currently finishing up my coursework and then my apprenticeship is complete!

I have people to thank that have given me advice throughout my first year as a Letting Agent, most of them know who they are, but special mention to everybody here at Think and also Lynn Barta at DB training - despite having a very tough year herself, she still managed to make time to help us through our exams and NVQ.

Eat/drink as much as you can over the holidays and have a great Chistmas!

Josh Bowers MNEA

No comments:

Post a Comment